Why I Started the ProbeLem Written Library | From Shipboard Troubles to Shared Reflections

ProbeLem field note: This post explains why the written side of ProbeLem exists, and why some lessons from shipboard troubleshooting need a blog format instead of a video format.

Beginnings are like blank schematics… all lines waiting to be connected.

I’m Lem, a Fleet ETO traveling from ship to ship, probing real electrical problems and turning them into learning stories. For years, I’ve documented this journey through my YouTube channel, ProbeLem

But some insights don’t fit inside a 30-minute video.
Some lessons need space to slow down, to reflect, and to write.

That is why this written library exists.
This space will be my written logbook, a companion to the videos, where I can share the thinking behind every “Probegnosis,” the process of connecting the dots, and the deeper lessons each problem teaches.

What to Expect Here:

  • Technical reflections from real shipboard troubleshooting

  • Full troubleshooting case studies with schematics and analysis

  • Lessons learned on systems, instrumentation, and control

  • Early access to video content and behind-the-scenes breakdowns

  • Direct Q&A and consultation opportunities

I’ll be posting here every few weeks, thoughtful entries grounded in real work and experience, not assumptions.

The Community I’m Building:

This isn’t just for engineers or ETOs, it’s for anyone who believes that understanding systems is also about understanding yourself: patience, clarity, and curiosity.

The best part of this journey so far has been connecting with other ETOs, engineers, and technical professionals who care about preserving and sharing real expertise. This is not just another update feed. It is a technical library built around real field experience.

If you value continuous learning and purpose-driven knowledge, you’re already part of this journey. So, if you’re ready to go beyond the manual, hit that subscribe button.

Stay Connected:

Follow the blog for future troubleshooting logs, and leave a comment if a similar fault has crossed your desk.

Watch my real troubleshooting stories on ProbeLem on YouTube

Support my work and access in-depth learning resources on ProbeLem on Patreon

PRObing Right into the Problem.



ProbeLem is a troubleshooting library built from real shipboard electrical work, diagnostics, and field reflection.

If this post helped, follow the blog for future case studies and leave a comment with the fault, system, or lesson you want explored next.

Comments

Popular Posts